Wednesday, July 19, 2006

OVER THE YEARS

I grew up in the 1930s and 1940s with traditional christian beliefs learned from my family, friends, associates, churches, and others. I saw how important these beliefs were to many others. But within my own being, there was a hunger to know more than these values. I felt there were some things missing in my life.

Then the answers from what I felt was missing started to come to me in the 1960s. I heard about and started to practice meditation as a way to get more in touch with who I was. The hunger continued wanting to know more, but I had begun to find a way to satisfy some of this hunger. Meditation from several disciplines soon led me to learn about the subtle energy forces that exist within and around our bodies. Aura, chakra, astral, etheric and many more terms began to take on meaning in my life. In time ESP, reincarnation, clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudient were added to the list of new terms to digest and find meaning within these concepts.

In the mid 1970s I was attracted to learn the spiritual healing practice commonly called the laying-on-of-hands. Channeling, spiritual guides, angels were concepts that took on more clarity for me. I was moved by my own inner guidance to expose others to know more about these things I had been learning and practicing for the past decade. A simple process for a spiritual growth circle came to me.

I was moved to explore my own dream world with a view to understand what dreams were, but more importantly, to learn how to decode and find meaning in my dreams, and to be able to assist others to find meanings in their own dream experiences. I soon recognized that the experiences I had during meditation were very similar to my dream experiences. This recognition allowed me to use meditation, an awake-dream state to assist me in knowing more about my fuller nature, beyond my physical, mental and emotional self. Meditation and dreams become complementary tools for learning more about myself, and the more spiritual elements in my being.

Still later in life, I learned about hypnotherapy for greater understanding of my own psyche. As I was learning this practice, I noticed how the self-hypnotic state had similarities to my meditation experiences and my dream world.

I wrote about these things, first as a journal exercise to understand better what I was experiencing as I studied and practiced the new techniques, then later in articles that I published in newsletters for whatever group or organization I was affiliated with at any given time.

I have been involved in different spiritual growth circles since the mid 1970s. The spiritual growth circle I am in now led us to form the Angels of Light Fellowship (http://angelsoflightfellowship.org). I also set up AURIC EXPRESSIONS (http://auriclight.com) to explore and experiment with different spiritual expressions and to publish MYSTIC MEANINGS at that web site.

The postings on this blog will feature articles I have written in MYSTIC MEANINGS and may serve to be articles that I will later publish in MYSTIC MEANINGS. I see them both as complementary to each other.

LOVE YOURSELF ALWAYS! Love is the cornerstone of your being.

No comments: